Are you thinking about tinting the windows in your vehicle? If so, there are a few things you should know about window tint. Besides the obvious reasons for getting your car’s windows tinted, there are a few other things about window tinting that may not be quite so obvious.
What is window tint?
The window tint is a combination of the color white, which increases the lightness, and a shade of black, which reduces the light. A tone can be created by combining either color with grey for certain tints and shades. The combination of a color with any neutral color (including black, white, or grey) will decrease the chroma or brightness of color and leave the hue unaffected.
In layman’s terms, the word “shade” involves any such variations or hues that a tint can become. The word “tint” refers to the lighter or darker differences in the color such as in tinted windows.
Benefits of tinting your car’s windows
Having your car windows tinted can offer a variety of benefits, privacy being one of the most popular reasons. Below are some other benefits to having your car windows tinted:
- If you dislike the hot interior of your car during the summertime, window tint can actually lower your car’s interior temperature by 60%–even if you have it parked directly in the hot sun.
- Most of us do not put sunscreen on before driving in our car; therefore, by having your car windows tinted, you will be blocking 99% of the harmful UV rays emitted by the sun from damaging your skin.
- Everyone knows the feeling of driving into the bright sunlight in the early morning or evening hours. A quality windshield tint can aid in blocking out the glare of the sun, snow, or even incoming headlights at night.
- Having your windows tinted can also protect the interior upholstery of your vehicle. Quality window tint can block up to 90% UV rays from damaging, cracking, fading or warping the interior of your vehicle upholstery.
- Window tint can help prevent your windshield from shattering in the case of an accident. This is very beneficial in protecting the health and safety of your passengers, should anything happen while driving.
- Window tint can lower your vehicle’s interior temperature by 60% during the hottest months of summer. Gone will be the days of arriving to work looking like you just finished a grueling workout.
- By getting your windows tinted, you will be improving your overall health and slow down the aging process. The harmful UV rays of the sun can actually speed up the aging process and increase your risk for skin cancer. A quality window tint will lower this risk by 99%.
If any of these reasons make you want to check out the option of having the windows in your vehicle tinted, call a professional window tinting company for more information. Most offer a no-obligation estimate on how window tinting with 3M window tint can benefit your car as well as improve its appearance. Next time you are in the market for having your vehicle detailed, ask about quality 3M window tinting; it is an investment in your health and your vehicle’s appearance.